Yes. Yes. Yes. We’re talking groceries again.
I like to keep this space full of my real life and in real life I’m ordering groceries, picking up groceries, or putting away groceries all the time with a family of six.
I shared my Trader Joe’s Haul back in January and this time I thought I’d share what a typical grocery pick up looks like at our local grocery store, Market Street. I picked this up on a Thursday and the haul included dinner stuff for two different nights, a big family breakfast, and then lunch stuff for me and the kiddos.
Thanks to grocery pick up I don’t mind one bit running by the grocery store to grab my order once or twice a week. If you haven’t tried grocery pick up yet, what are you waiting for?? It’s SUPER easy and if you’re like me, you end up saving money by not throwing those extras into your cart.
Enough gushing about grocery pick up, this was my haul…
1. Mrs. Meyers Dryer Sheets-These are my favorite dryer sheets by far. They smell divine!
2. Chicken Broth–This Slow Cooker Potato Soup was on the menu so chicken broth was a must!
3. Goldfish-These are a fan favorite for a quick snack. I typically buy in bulk at Costco BUT I hadn’t been lately so I grabbed a box.
4. Tomato Sauce–My favorite sloppy joe’s were also on the menu and this was part of the recipe.
5. Ketchup-All out of ketchup is a catastrophe in our house, so two bottles to the rescue!
6. Cream of Chicken Soup-This also went in the potato soup. If you’ve never made that soup, you dump all the ingredients in your slow cooker and dinner is ready hours later!
7. Tomato Soup-Another ingredient in the sloppy joe’s.
8. Mustard-Kind of like, “If You Give a Mouse a Cookie”, once I realized we were out of ketchup, that reminded me we were also out of mustard.
9. Organic Milk-Our family doesn’t drink a ton of milk but I like to always have some on hand.
10. Pirate’s Booty-Another snack favorite around our house!
11. Strawberries-Ebby Lee is our berry eater and strawberries are high up on her favorite list.
12. Light Brown Sugar-What puts the “Sweet” in those Slightly Sweet Sloppy Joe’s. 🙂
13. Cream Cheese-Cream cheese makes everything better.
14. Fully Cooked Turkey Bacon-I stumbled across this bacon recently and now I always have it on hand. Fully cooked bacon is so easy and I love that this is turkey bacon!
15. Breakfast Sausage-When we don’t have early ball games on Saturdays and Tab is home, he always makes a big breakfast. This past Saturday-biscuits, gravy, eggs, and sausage were on the menu.
16. Amy’s Rice and Bean Burrito-You guys know I have some weird meat issues and after that last post, I know lots of you have those issues too! These burritos are a great lunch option for me to grab quickly.
17. Bananas-Need I say more?
18. Amy’s Chili Relleno Bowl-I have NO idea how many calories are in this little bowl but this is probably my favorite frozen meal. They’re tasty, cheesy, and oh so good when you are craving a warm meal at lunch.
19. Tillamook Cheddar-All six Slaughters are spoiled by this cheese and if we’re having anything with shredded cheddar we all prefer the Tillamook cheddar. It tastes like I just grated it right off the block…so good!
20. Banana Greek Yogurt-I was just talking about this with friends recently but a sweet treat I like to have is banana greek yogurt with chocolate chips. Healthy? Not really! But in my mind it’s better than eating four Oreo’s??
21. Grands Biscuits-These biscuits are SO YUMMY!
22. Rosemary and Sundried Tomato Ham-I’m super spoiled when it comes to lunch meat and will only get this Boar’s Head Rosemary and Sundried Tomato Ham for sandwiches. It’s my favorite by far!
23. Hazelnut Creamer-I can’t have coffee without it.
24. Lean Ground Beef-For our sloppy joe’s. 🙂
25. Chicken Nuggets-This is Nixon Slaughters request every time I get groceries. He likes to eat these chicken nuggets for lunch, for an after school snack, or basically, any time I’ll let him have some.
26. Organic Eggs-Tab works out early in the mornings and then comes home and makes eggs for his breakfast every weekday morning.
27. Burger Buns-Two words. Sloppy Joes.
28. Bread-Another lunch time staple.
29. Go-Gurt-And all four of my kiddos are big fans of these.
And that’s what a random grocery pick up on a Thursday looks like in The Slaughter House.
Hope you enjoyed taking a peek!
Remember blogger friends, this Wednesday is Let’s Look…we’re talking about the people in our family THIS Wednesday! We’d love for you to join us!
Have a great Monday!