Ladies!!! I’m super excited about today. The guest blogger today happens to be the blogger behind the very first blog I ever started reading. Maybe that’s the case for some of you too? Today, Kelly from Kelly’s Korner is visiting us and “Claiming Her Crazy”! I absolutely love Kelly! She is a wife, mama to two girls (and soon to be a little boy as well), and a fabulous Christian example of someone living out her life for Christ. When Shay and I went to Nashville in the fall for the Dot Mom Conference, we got to meet Kelly. She was just as sweet in person as I’d imagined her to be. Kelly “owned it” today and is sharing her crazy.
1. I’m terrified of cats. TERRIFIED. I wouldn’t touch a cat to save my life. When I was little I thought all cats wanted to eat me. Cats can jump on my lap and I just sit frozen until it gets off. My friends all tease me for my disdain for cats.
Kelly, our neighbor a couple houses down has a cat door AND a cat run in the back of her yard. Have you ever heard of that? I hadn’t, but you would flip out if you saw a cat just swinging in and out of her cat door!!
2. I have a weirdness about eggs. The thought of eggs makes me gag. Scrambled eggs literally make me want to throw up. And I wouldn’t eat an omelet EVER. BUT I really like quiche and deviled eggs. I can’t explain.
3. I love Mexican food. And though I prefer a nice Mexican restaurant………I have loved Taco Bell since College. I know it’s kind of gross but I just CRAVE Taco Bell sometimes. I have to run for the Border when I need fast food. Yo Quiero Taco Bell! 🙂
In college, we had “Taco Wednesdays”, which meant Taco Bell and the Bachelor. I can get behind some Taco Bell!
4. I wore a lot of terrible 80’s/90’s clothes. TERRIBLE. And had the biggest hair in Arkansas. I mean – I wore THIS in college. And thought I looked cute.
Good news – floral rompers are in style for spring 2015.
This made me LOL!!! I love this floral romper!! 🙂
5. I have always hated blue jeans. I actually started wearing them in the last few years but I don’t think I owned one pair of jeans in college. My college friends can vouch for this. I pretty much only wore dresses in high school and college. And really in Elementary school too. I hated pants. (And now my daughter Harper is the same way. HATES pants. I’m being paid back.)
6. I am SUPER absent minded. I probably lose my keys, debit card, or other important things about once a week. I drive Scott crazy because I’m so disorganized. I lost my passport on our last vacation and was afraid I wouldn’t get back home. (I made it home but I still need to get a new one.)
My husband would say the same thing about me! haha! I have a tendency to just stick my debit card in Bowen’s bag or my pocket and then it’s gone for ages. We’re soul sisters on that crazy. I completely understand.
7. I had a lead foot in college. I got a lot of tickets and took defensive driving three times. I got my last ticket in my mid 20’s and ended up having to do HOURS of community service. I had to ride around in the back of a truck with a lot of juvenile delinquents in an orange vest while a police officer took us to service locations. I had a professional job at this point. Needless to say – Scott will be teaching our children to drive.
8. This is my hair my senior year of high school. There is no shadow in this picture – it is ALL my hair. I had a spiral perm and then would hot roll and spray my hair to death and then hold it out and blow the hair dryer to make it stand up. I was a cheerleader so at halftime, I would go to the locker room and put another layer of hair spray on. I went completely gray right after college (thanks to my dad’s family genes) and so to cover it – I have been nearly every hair color in the book. I have finally decided I have to stay medium blond because it covers the gray best.
9. (Exhibit A on the hair colors)
There aren’t many people who can pull off blond and brunette, but you do it with flying colors!!
10. In the 8th grade I wore braces and HEAD GEAR. (This was the day I got my braces). I also wore those awful thick glasses that had Lucy from the Peanuts gang on the side. Kids called me Lucy for years. I had to wear that awful head gear all the time unless I was eating or cheerleading. Bless my heart. Bless my mom’s heart that we have NO pictures of that head gear. I was the definition of Awkward.
So basically I’m owning that I’m a BIG nerd. But I’m a happy one who loves to make fun of herself!
Kelly, that was so much fun!!! Thank you so much for Owning It and Claiming Your Crazy with us today. I’m so glad you joined us and I absolutely LOVED those pictures! The next time you’re in the mood for Taco Bell…call me! 🙂
Don’t forget to check out Kelly’s blog here.
And…if you’ve missed some previous “Owning It” posts…
You can read Olivia @ Snyders Tell All HERE.
You can read Narci’s HERE.
You can read Fancy Ashley’s HERE.